The following terms and conditions govern your use of our website. By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
Parks Tennis CIC trading as Premier Tennis is a community interest company registered in England & Wales, registration number 9833819. Our registered office is: 30 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE. Our VAT registration number is 245014539.
At Premier Tennis, we are committed to the safety and well-being of customers, players and spectators at our tennis venues. If you have any comments or concerns about the venues where we operate, our coaching staff or any other aspect of our service, please let us know on 0114 349 1198 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premier Tennis delivers tennis management services on behalf of local authorities, clubs, schools and leisure centres in order to encourage tennis participation. These services include but are not limited to court bookings, coaching programmes and cafe/kiosk management.
Our policies and procedures are published online and reviewed regularly. We make every effort to ensure that the details on our websites and printed materials are correct and up-to-date but cannot be held liable if information is incorrect or out-of-date.
1. Tennis courts are for tennis use only, unless other activities are specifically approved by the venue. Bikes, scooters, footwear with spikes or studs and dogs (with the exception of guide dogs) are all strictly prohibited on tennis courts.
2. Smoking is not permitted on the tennis courts.
3. Appropriate attire should be worn on court and shirts must be worn at all times. Players are required to wear safe, non-marking footwear when on court.
4. Personal items should not be left on the premises overnight. Lost property, balls or equipment should be handed back to the owner (if known) or to an onsite cafe, where appropriate.
5. Please respect your own and others’ possessions. We cannot accept any responsibility for items lost, stolen or damaged on the premises.
6. Please respect and safeguard the tennis court and ancillary facilities which are made available for use by all of the community. Damage caused to venue is chargeable to the offender(s). Please report any damage to email@example.com.
7. Players should declare any existing medical conditions at the time of booking, and understand that they play at their own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we will not accept responsibility for any injuries incurred during play at the venue in any weather or ground conditions.
8. Players should comply with the principles of Respect and Fair Play, both on and off the court, and are asked to apply common sense in looking out for themselves and other players.
9. Any playing of music should be at a controlled level that does not affect the enjoyment of other players or neighbouring residents.
10. Please ensure the gate is closed securely behind you as you leave.
11. Court bookings are available on the hour. A book before you play policy is enforced, including where courts are offered free of charge. Using courts prior to booking or paying for them may require players to leave the court.
12. If someone is playing on the court at your scheduled time, use your booking confirmation as proof of booking.
13. Pricing is set by the venue in order to encourage tennis participation. Depending on local authority guidelines, concession rates may apply for juniors aged 16 or under, and eligible adults (aged 65 or over, or on specific welfare benefits). When asked, players should show evidence of eligibility.
14. Some courts at selected times may be pre-booked for coaching programmes, onsite group practice sessions and matches, events or maintenance.
15. Where courts are offered free of charge, players are limited to booking no more than 2 hours in a row.
16. Players are requested to arrive in time for the start of their booking and to vacate the court immediately if another person has booked the following time slot.
17. Court bookings should preferably be made online in advance, or over the telephone if that is not possible.
18. When asked, players should show or quote their booking reference (provided to you online when submitting your booking and in a confirmation email).
19. For safety reasons, no more than 4 players should play on any one court without the supervision of a coach.
20. Court usage in poor weather conditions is at the individuals' personal risk.
21. Cancellations: Please see cancellation policy below.
22. Only coaches approved by Premier Tennis can operate and charge for coaching services at the venue. If you would like to enquire about coaching, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. Use of baskets of tennis balls is restricted to these coaches only.
24. No group coaching (defined as 3+ players in any one session) is allowed unless it is under the auspices of Premier Tennis’ community programme.
25. Booking for one or more coaching sessions should be made online in advance. This allows the coach to know how many players are due to attend, facilitating lesson planning.
26. Coaching sessions must be booked in the name of the player and are non-transferable to anyone else.
27. Places on our coaching programmes are subject to availability and sold on a first come, first served basis
28. Players booking and attending coaching sessions are assumed to be fully fit. If this is not the case, the player or their guardian must inform Premier Tennis in advance of any medical condition or disability which may be relevant to the coaching session. We must also be notified of any change or deterioration of any such medical condition or disability. We will keep this information confidential and handle such issues with discretion. We will always try to include any such individuals within our coaching programmes wherever possible, but we reserve the right to refuse the booking if we are unable to accommodate the needs of the individual or it is deemed to have a detrimental effect on other players.
29. Premier Tennis coaching staff reserve the right to refuse entry onto a coaching programme or advise a more appropriate session if any participant is found not to be of the appropriate age/ability for the group.
30. Court bookings, coaching sessions or camps may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com.
31. A credit will be offered for use against a future booking; for coaching sessions, we will, where possible, transfer customers onto another coaching session, subject to availability.
32. We cannot accept a request for cancellation in retrospect with the exception of adverse weather. In this case a request for a credit must be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as close to the time of the booking as possible and on the same day.
33. If you are absent from a coaching session for a reason other than Premier Tennis cancelling it, you are choosing to forfeit the time.
34. If Premier Tennis has to cancel a coaching session or programme you have booked because it is under-subscribed or a coach becomes unavailable, we will suggest alternative arrangements and/or offer you a full credit against future court bookings or coaching sessions. If neither of those is suitable, we will offer a full refund.
35. When purchasing a course of tennis coaching you are committing to the entire course, individual sessions missed will not be credited. A credit will be offered for any extended period (3 consecutive sessions or more) where you cannot attend due to illness/injury.
36. Tennis passes, where sold, are valid for 12 months from date of purchase and cannot be transferred, extended or refunded.
37. We reserve the right to cancel courts at our discretion, in which case an email will be sent to you with as much notice as possible.
Wet weather policy
38. You should bring protection from showers as our general policy is that coaching will go ahead unless persistent heavy rain makes the courts unplayable. Any injury incurred while taking part in activities on damp or wet courts is your responsibility.
39. If the weather forecast prior to the session is poor, any decision to cancel will be made by the coach as late as is reasonably possible. Whenever possible, and if you have provided us with the correct information, the coach will try to send you an email or text message once a decision to cancel has been made.
40. If a session runs over half of the designated time and is interrupted due to weather conditions, the court booking or coaching session is deemed to have taken place and no credit will be issued.
41. If a booking runs over half of the designated time and is interrupted due to weather conditions, the court is deemed to have been used and no credit will be issued.
42. If a session is interrupted due to bad weather conditions before half of the session is completed, the player can request a credit note to be applied to their account
43. Please bear in mind difficulties in trying to predict the British weather... our overall intention is for as many sessions as possible to go ahead